Makah Ozette Potato Salad with Kettle Chips
Recipe by Haan Palcu-Chang / Published by The Globe and Mail
Serves 4 as a side
- 2 cups Ozette potatoes (or other new potatoes), boiled in salted water and cut into bite-sized pieces and left at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup grainy mustard
- ¼ cup good quality apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, finely sliced
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 4 heaping tablespoons sour cream
- 2 handfuls kettle chips
Mix the potatoes with the olive oil in a bowl. Add the mustard and vinegar a few spoonfuls at a time, tasting all the way. You may not need to add all of either, depending on the products you use and your preference. Season with salt. Fold in the herbs and taste again. Adjust seasoning.
Smear sour cream all over the bottom of a serving dish. Arrange potatoes over the cream. Sprinkle potatoes chips over and serve immediately.