2016 Annual Meeting and Summer Picnic
For the past two years, Slow Food Seattle has come together for an excellent time at our summer picnic at Ravenna Park.
We had a honey tasting in 2014 and an artisanal sausage selection in 2015, and of course, amazing potlucks each year (Slow Food people continue to set a high bar for potlucks).
We're returning to Ravenna Park for our 2016 summer picnic. Our special entree will be some delicious salmon. Our plan is to feature Slow Food Ark of Taste entry Marbled Chinook Salmon. (As with all seasonal and special food products, this particular selection will be dependent on availability as we get closer to the date, but no matter what, plan for a chinook salmon feast!)
Our grill will be manned by chef Varin Keokitvon and Slow Food Regional Governor Gerry Warren, both members of the Slow Food Seattle Board. After we feast, join us for our annual meeting and to learn more about Slow Food and Slow Fish.
Members and non-members are all welcome!
**Ticket sales will end on 7/25 so we have our final count for our salmon feast. Sign up soon!**
Sunday, July 31
12pm-3pm, with Slow Food Annual Meeting at 2pm
Current Slow Food members: the password for the member price was sent out recently via email. In the ticketing section above, please click "Enter a Password or Discount Code and enter the password from the email in order to receive the discount price. If you have not received or would like to check your membership status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ticket price (to help offset cost of reserved picnic area): $10pp members, $15 non-members, children under 12 free
- Come to enjoy salmon provided by Slow Food Seattle.
- Bring utensils/cups/plate/beverage for yourself and a potluck dish to compliment the best salmon our Pacific Coast waters offer!
- We have reserved the picnic areas and shelter area; please bring along camp chairs/sit-upons for yourself and any guests.
- Meet many great people who care about good food as much as you do.
- UPDATE: fisherman Jeremy Brown, who was our delegate to the Slow Fish Conference in NOLA this year, needs to be out on the water on July 31st and cannot attend. We plan have alternate speakers, talking about local Slow Food initiatives and school gardens.