Join us for our first Slow Food Northwest Regional Conference on Saturday, April 14 and Sunday, April 15 at historic Carnation Farms! This is the perfect venue to connect with other Slow Food Members from Chapters throughout Washington State. We have a terrific lineup of speakers to address timely issues and share innovative solutions from both local and national perspectives. We will delve into dynamic, roundtable discussions; learn about new concepts and upcoming opportunities for your Chapter; and enjoy local food and the stunning views of Carnation Farms.
- Keynote: David Bauermeister, Northwest Agriculture Business Center
- Conference Call: Richard McCarthy, Slow Food USA Executive Director
- Ark of Taste/Biddiversity: Gerry Warren, Slow Food Regional Governor, WA/AK
- New! Meals by Caprial Pence, Carnation Farms Culinary Director
- Slow Beer Tasting: Fair Isle Brewery
- "Tell Us About Your Chapter" Moderated by Loretta Seppanen
- Movie: Cultivating Kids, Introduction by Jenanne Murphy
- History, Innovation and Sustainability of Carnation Farms: Jeff Gottleib and Rosy Smit
All food, wine and beer are included in the ticket price and will feature local fare, including organic, pasture-raised eggs and organic produce grown on Carnation Farms.
Carnation Farms is giving Slow Food Members a huge discount on guest rooms. There are two types available for only $83/night! Reserve early -- rooms will be booked on a first-come, first-served basis. See event website for more information.
Check out the Event Website at www.slowconference2018.orgfor more details on the agenda, speakers, food, parking and accommodations.
*Note: This conference is for Slow Food Members only. Not a member? Sign up at www.slowfoodusa.org and attend the conference.